I fear that experience is a good analogy for Ferguson.
This last week was a pivotal one for Ferguson. The leaked official autopsy report largely supported Officer Darren Wilson’s version of what happened that August afternoon. Seven or eight independent witnesses are also said to have agreed with the policeman. It now appears that Michael Brown was first shot within the police car, ran away, turned, then was shot again and killed rushing Wilson. It was found Brown had consumed a significant amount of marijuana in the hour before his death, likely to the detriment of his judgement. From a neutral perspective, it now looks like Michael Brown was the aggressor and Officer Wilson acted in lawful self-defense.
Tensions have not diminished; the new facts seem to have only escalated them. Unfortunately, Ferguson hasn’t been about Michael Brown for a long time, if ever. This situation is in the hands of activists and the agitators, anarchists, angry, disaffected, bored, violent, or just plain crazy. Add to the mix the professional racialists in their five thousand dollar suits, other looters and opportunists, pandering politicians, and the media, greedy for controversy, eyeballs and ad revenue. All these have created a situation primed to explode. Any opportunity could serve, or it could be the expected mid-November release of the Grand Jury findings.
It’s time to prepare, to look to you and your’s safety. I’ll readily acknowledge that things are not perfect and there are many areas still to be improved. However, if someone expects me to pay with my life or the lives of my loved ones for their perceived slights, for something I have not done -- we will have words.
I’m imploring our readers to:
- Lock your car and home doors
- Keep a full tank of gas in all your vehicles
- Avoid areas or events where large groups of youths gather
- Pay attention: to news radio, social media, sirens, helicopters, smoke
- Keep your head on a swivel
- Have three days’ worth of supplies on hand. Once you have that, add four more days. When you have a week’s worth of supplies where you can live without going outside your locked doors, add another week. Then another.
- And look to your personal protection. The 2nd Amendment was written with these times in mind. Fortunately ammo, magazines, and training are currently readily available and for a good price. I can personally attest to the calming influence of a full magazine as the world burns around you.
Other links of interest:
And important detail barely mentioned in the news: I have seen only two press releases from the local PD regarding the people arrested and in 90% of the cases they were not from Ferguson, St Louis or even the state. That means they have no attachments, sentimental or otherwise for the people or the property in Ferguson. That will make destruction more palatable.ReplyDelete
Great point, Miggy. The agitators hail primarily from Los Angeles, Dallas, New Orleans, Chicago and of course St Louis city proper. This national involvement foretells the possibility of unrest across the nation. Everyone needs to be even more aware.ReplyDelete