Sunday, July 6, 2014

Training: Project Appleseed

Rifle Training - 80% Off!

Two full days of top-notch training - for only  $80! (Compare to the common $400 cost of a weekend class.) Wow, what a deal! Gonna jump at that with both feet, right?

http://appleseedinfo.org/

Ruger 10/22 Sporter Liberty Training Rifle
This is my Ruger 10/22 Liberty Training Rifle, modded along the recommendations of Appleseed. The eyes are taking early retirement, so I went with a 3-9x scope insead of the uber-cool Tech-Sights. If  I was to do it again -- who am I kidding? -- When I redo it yet again, I'll go with a lower power scope, 2-7, or probably a 1-4x with a long eye box. It also has a bunch of good guy Volquartsen bolt release and trigger mods. Tried a high-zoot nylon sling that wasn't up to the demanding course of fire; Appleseed's less-expensive canvas sling worked much better. I did add a Limbsaver slip on recoil pad to counter the fearsome .22LR recoil - and add a badly needed inch to the length of pull. 

A semi-automatic 22LR is the recommended rifle, but I've seen AR-15s, bolt actions, levers and a even a Mosin-Nagant. However, by far, the most important thing is a teachable attitude. Never doubt that these guys know their stuff!  

A right unexercised is a right lost. Learn, train, practice.

Highly recommended.

The Master speaks:
THE APPLESEED PROJECT By Massad Ayoob
APPLESEED
LESSONS FROM APPLESEED
THE GUNS OF APPLESEED

No comments:

Post a Comment