To summarize Winkler's argument:
- There are a lot of guns in the United States
- Police have to train to extremes because there are a lot of guns
- Police are racist because of guns
- Police contacts with the populace are tainted by racism and guns
- The police are militarizing because of the amount of guns
- Because GUNS!!!
- Propose the same ineffective, un-Constitutional, "common sense" anti-gun laws
If you think Winkler's level of analysis is best suited to tony, up-town, elitist, cocktail party chit-chat after a couple/ three/ more Cosmopolitans, we're in complete agreement.
It is too fisk. Readers are invited to post their own comments. I'll enhance this post when/ if I get some time this busy weekend.
HT: Guns Save Lives